September 10, 2021 -- The City of Highland Park is known throughout the North Shore for our spirit, leadership, and passion. Annually, the City seeks to illustrate the character of the community and capture the vibrancy of Highland Park through a Community Photo Contest. The contest is open to all residents and businesses in Highland Park (professional and hobbyist). Entries will be accepted from September 10, 2021 through October 4, 2021.
Photos will be accepted in the following categories:
- Arts & Architecture: Public art/sculpture, urban design, cityscapes & landmarks.
- Environmental: Sustainable practices, open spaces, parks & wildlife.
- Daily Life: Working/learning from home, new hobbies, or projects.
- Pets of Highland Park: Because we love seeing your cute pets!
- Portraiture: Share a portrait and a brief story (approx. 100 words or fewer), Humans of Highland Park-style.
- Community Favorite: All submissions will be posted to the City’s website, and the community at large will have an opportunity to vote in an interactive poll.
Participants may submit multiple photos and will be prompted to select a particular category for submission. Photographers must submit a photo release and waiver form available on the City’s website. Photographs should be entered through the submission form.
The Cultural Arts Advisory Group will consider submissions in each category and select the winners. Winning photos in each category will be announced in November 2021. Winning photos may be featured in the Highlander, on the City website, and on the City’s social media. Photographers will be recognized at a City Council Meeting.
For more information, please contact the City at 847.926.1043 or email@example.com.