- Visit https://www.illinois1call.com/
- Call 811 or 800.892.0123
Building Permit Application Process
2. Gather supporting documentation (see requirements below).
3. Submit all documents to the Building Department via email at email@example.com or in person at 1150 Half Day Rd., Highland Park, IL 60035 (drop box available after hours).
* Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted at the same time.
* Permit fees are calculated according to the City's annual fee schedule upon completion of the review.
Building Department Inspections
Inspection requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include: property address, permit number(s), ALL requested inspection type(s), name/phone/email of contact for day of inspection, and preferred timeframe of AM (8am-12pm) or PM (12pm-3pm). The cutoff time for the next business day is 2:30pm. Incomplete requests will not be scheduled.
Permit Application Forms
Permit Submittal Requirements
Online Permitting Status
Online permitting allows people to view information regarding building permits, including the results of inspections. Access Online Permitting Services
- When entering an address to call up a permit, it is not necessary to enter the whole street name. You may enter the street number and the first few letters of the street name followed by an asterisk (*), then hit search.
- For example, entering “1150 Ha*” would call up the permits for 1150 Half Day Road. Two periods (..) can be used to search a range.
- For example, 09/07/2009..09/09/2009 will retrieve all the permits from 09/07/2009 to 09/09/2009.
- If you wish to log in (not required):
- Choose "Registered Users" or "New User."
- Follow the prompts to enter or create your user name and password.