caption freeform

Building Permits

Below are permit applications and submittal requirements in PDF format. You may print a copy of the permit, complete all information as requested (including signatures) and submit it to the Building Division, 1150 Half Day Road, along with plans and other required documentation.

Please note that permit fees are calculated, according to the City's annual fee schedule  upon completion of the review based on the information provided on the permit applications and plans.

Effective February 3, 2020 all new submittals must comply with new adopted building codes.  Codes can be viewed here.

Building Department Applications
  • Submit permit application(s) and all associated materials (including architectural drawings) via email directly to 

Permit Submittal Requirements 

More Information
If you have questions regarding online permitting, please contact our Building Division by calling 847.432.0808.

Online Permitting Options
Online permitting allows people to view information regarding building permits, including the results of inspections. It also allows customers to schedule inspections. 

Access Online Permitting Services

There are two options for online permitting: Permit Inquiry requests and Inspection requests. 

  • Choosing “Permit Inquiry” allows access to view information on a permit, including previous or scheduled inspections. 
  • Choosing “Inspection Requests” will take you to the inspection scheduling page.

Helpful Tips

  • When entering an address to call up a permit, it is not necessary to enter the whole street name. You may enter the street number and the first few letters of the street name followed by an asterisk (*), then hit search. 
    • For example, entering “1150 Ha*” would call up the permits for 1150 Half Day Road. Two periods (..) can be used to search a range. 
    • For example, 09/07/2009..09/09/2009 will retrieve all the permits from 09/07/2009 to 09/09/2009.
  • If you wish to log in (not required): 
    • Choose "Registered Users" or "New User."
    • Follow the prompts to enter or create your user name and password.