2. Gather supporting documentation (see requirements below).
3. Submit all documents to the Building Department via email at email@example.com or in person at 1150 Half Day Rd., Highland Park, IL 60035 (drop box available after hours).
* Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
* All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted at the same time.
* Permit fees are calculated according to the City's annual fee schedule upon completion of the review.
Building Department Inspections
Required Inspections Matrix (11x17)
Required Inspections Matrix (8.5x11)
Inspection requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspection Requests Must Include:
- Property address
- Permit number(s)
- ALL requested inspection type(s)
- Name, phone, & email of contact for day of inspection
- Preferred timeframe of AM (8am-12pm) or PM (12pm-3pm).
The cutoff time is 2:30pm for an inspection on the next business day.
- Incomplete requests will not be scheduled.
Permit Extension Requests
1. Email requests to email@example.com.
2. Include construction site address(es) and permit number(s).
* 1st extension (for 6 months) is free.
Change of Contractor Process
1. Download, complete, and sign a new application(s).
Include existing permit number(s).
2. Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with application(s).
3. The email subject line should read:
Change of Contractor Request: (ADDRESS)
Permit Application Forms
Other Permit-Related Forms & Information
- J.U.L.I.E.: Contact J.U.L.I.E. before you dig at https://www.illinois1call.com/ or call 811 or 800.892.0123.
- General Easement Waiver: Required for work in or through a City or utility company easement.
- WDO Application: Watershed Development Ordinance permit required from Lake County for work inside of a floodplain.
- North Shore Water Reclamation Guides: Information regarding when sanitary permits are required from NSWRD.
- North Shore Water Reclamation Contact: Contact information for NSWRD.
Permit Submittal Requirements
Online Permitting Status
Online permitting allows people to view information regarding building permits, including the results of inspections. Access Online Permitting Services
- When entering an address to call up a permit, it is not necessary to enter the whole street name. You may enter the street number and the first few letters of the street name followed by an asterisk (*), then hit search.
- For example, entering “1150 Ha*” would call up the permits for 1150 Half Day Road. Two periods (..) can be used to search a range.
- For example, 09/07/2009..09/09/2009 will retrieve all the permits from 09/07/2009 to 09/09/2009.
- If you wish to log in (not required):
- Choose "Registered Users" or "New User."
- Follow the prompts to enter or create your user name and password.