The City of Highland Park provides water service to its residents and businesses, managing more than 10,000 water accounts. In 2016, City upgraded the water meter reading procedure to an fixed-point automated meter reading system. Most meters are read automatically and with the assistance of the Public Works Department. Older meters are read through a hand-held system that imports the readings into the Finance Department water billing system. Water bills are generated on a quarterly basis from actual readings. However, bills may be based upon estimated readings. Estimates are calculated based on a customer’s prior history. Learn how to understand your water bill here.
The City has upgraded a majority of water meters with an Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) system as part of infrastructure investment to improve an old labor-intensive manual reading system. Meters are upgraded as they need to be replaced. The upgrade of meters helps residents conserve water and cut costs by identifying leaks earlier and taking more accurate readings. Additional information on the meter reading system was communicated to all residents during the installation process. Add to and in
Pay My Water Bill
There are several ways a resident can pay their water bill.
- Automatic payment – ACH plan
- Have your payments withdrawn automatically from your bank account
- Online payment
- Pay utility bills
- View account detail
- View transaction detail
- Residents may pay their water bills by mail, or in person at City Hall:Payments may also be placed in the drop box in the lot across from City Hall. Payments placed in the drop box are posted the following business day.
- City of Highland Park
City Hall - Finance Department
1707 St. Johns Ave.
Highland Park, IL 60035
Sign-up for E-Billing
In support of efforts to “Go Green”, the City of Highland Park is pleased to offer its customers the option to receive their water bill via e-mail, commonly known as E-bill. With E-billing, bills will be received via email and will no longer be sent by paper copy.
The E-bill enrollment form is available by clicking here. If you have any questions regarding enrollment please contact the Finance Department at 847.432.0800.
Online Payment Services for Utility Billing
Welcome to the City of Highland Park’s Online Payment Services for Utility Billing. This application allows users to pay their utility bill, as well as to view the utility bill, account detail, and transaction history at any time. Internet access improves customer service by providing online access to your account information any time from the convenience of home.
Residents have an option to enroll for automatic payment (ACH) of their water bills from a selected checking or savings account. Additional information on Automatic Bank Payment and the authorization agreement form, is available online or by contacting the Finance Department at 847.432.0800.
Do not use this service to pay a shut-off notice. In the event of a pending shut-off please call the Finance Department at 847.432.0800 to make payment arrangements.
To begin using the Online Services system, please follow the instructions for registration listed below; if you have already registered go directly to the Online Services page. Residents may desire online access to their accounts, but are cautioned not to make online payments by credit card if they are enrolled in Automatic Bank Payment.
First time users will need a copy of their utility bill in order to register. The system will require you to enter your customer and utility account number.
- From the Account Login screen, click on the "New User" button and enter your e-profile information to establish your eUser account. Once you have entered the information click on the "Next Step" button to confirm. Please make note of your eUser name and password for future account access.
- If all the information is correct click "Register" to enter your water account information.
- In order to connect your "eUser" logon to a utility account, additional information is required. Please enter both your customer number and utility account number on this form, for each account you wish to have online payment access. This information may be found in the "Account Information" section of the utility bill.
- Once the customer number and account number information has been entered click the "Register with Utilities" button to establish your account access.
- Upon successful registration you can view account summary information, make payments, view transactions or access usage charts.
- Once you have logged on, the "eUser" information may be updated at any time by clicking on the "MyProfile" button at the top right of the page.
If you have any questions regarding registration or online payments, please contact the Finance Department at 847.432.0800.
Setup or Termination of Water/Sewer Service
If you are moving into a Highland Park property, the seller/owner will provide buyer/tenant information to setup the account. If you are moving out of a Highland Park property, you must schedule a meter reading at least 3 business days prior to closing. A final meter reading can be ordered by completing the Water Utility Form located here. The completed form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 847.432.2617. Please contact the Finance Department with any questions or concerns at 847.432.0800.
Current Water Fees
|Type of Service||Fee|
|Residential water||$2.60 per unit
(Rate per 100 cubic feet 6000 cubic feet or less, per quarter)
|Residential water||$2.86 per unit
(Rate per 100 cubic feet from 6001 to 8000 cubic feet, per quarter)
|Residential water||$2.99 per unit
(Rate per 100 cubic feet from 8001 or more cubic feet, per quarter)
|Residential sewer||$6 per quarter and $1.30 per unit|
|Commercial water||$2.86 per unit
(100 cubic feet)
|Commercial sewer||$9 per quarter and $1.30 per unit|
|Stormwater utility fee base||$8.50 per month|
|Stormwater utility fee - Per impervious area unit (IAU) = (2.765 square feet of IAU)||$8.50 per month properties that have greater than one IAU are charged $8.50 per month multiplied by the number of IAUs calculated on the parcel|
|Low-income sewer||$2.25 per quarter|
|Water turn-on / turn-off fee||$50 per site visit|