- If possible, please do not park on the street to permit City plows to most effectively clear the snow.
- Please do not pass or follow a City plow truck.
- Please take your time to reach your destination.
- The snow forecast calls for a 24-36 hr snowfall, making it difficult to keep the streets clear during this long duration. Please exercise caution while driving in the snow.
- Residents living in corner lots with sidewalks should clear the snow off the sidewalk on their property tonight. This will allow kids to stay on sidewalks tomorrow, instead of standing on the street (provided schools are open tomorrow).
- City sidewalk plowing contractors are scheduled to start at the end of the snow storm, late Saturday. It will take 24-48 hours to plow 130 miles of sidewalk. Please understand that the driveways that have been plowed will have snow deposited along the sidewalks after the sidewalk plow contractor goes through the property. The additional deposited snow clearing is the responsibility of the resident.
- With the amount of snow expected, street corners and business districts will have snow deposits along sidewalks, parking lots, and intersections. Public Works staff will work on removing excess snow next week starting on Monday. Please be patient.
- Any routine infrastructure maintenance items such as mailbox repairs or other items will also be completed next week as Public Works staff will be busy with plowing operations this week.
Learn more about the City's snow removal procedures in the City's Snow and Ice Control Manual.
Due to the pending inclement weather, the Highland Park Senior Center will be CLOSED and all activities will be CANCELLED tomorrow: Friday, February 9.
Highland Park Senior Center Closed on February 9, 2018.
Due to the pending inclement weather, the Highland Park Senior Center will be CLOSED and all activities will be CANCELLED tomorrow, Friday, February 9. At this time, we anticipate that the Senior Center phones will be open from 9 AM - 4 PM, and the Senior Connector will be in service from 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM. (If you plan to utilize the Connector on February 9, please call the Center prior to confirm the bus is running on schedule.)