Please help increase traffic and pedestrian safety by following the rules below.
- Learn where designated drop-off and pick-up areas are located at your child's respective school are and utilize them. Do not use City streets for drop-off and pick-up; this greatly increases the risk to children and pedestrians.
- Encourage children to use school buses and carpools to reduce the amount of vehicle traffic and pollution at and near schools.
- Obey existing State and City traffic and parking laws at all times.
- Do not pass stopped school buses that are loading or unloading passengers while their lights are flashing and its stop signal arm is extended.
- Obey State laws and City ordinances pertaining to Electronic Communication Devices and Wireless Telephone use:
- A person may not operate a motor vehicle on the road while using an Electronic Communication Device to compose, send or receive electronic messages.
- A person may not use a hand-held telephone at any time while operating a motor vehicle on a City roadway unless it is utilized in a hands-free mode.
Learn more about pedestrian safety.
Check out the video below to learn more about getting to school safely: