Highland Park Connector
The Highland Park Connector is funded by the City of Highland Park and provides free bus transportation for seniors and people with disabilities, on a fixed route, within Highland Park. The bus is wheelchair accessible.
Additional information about the Connector:
- Operates on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Facial coverings and social distancing are currently recommended.
- The Connector service can make additional stops, upon request, along its fixed route as long as the location is safe.
- The Connector bus is handicapped-accessible with complimentary assistance provided by the City operator to assist passengers with parcels.
- Seniors accompanied by aides for mobility assistance are also welcome on the Connector.
Retail destinations include:
Residential destinations include:
400 Central (Peers Building)
654 Walnut (Walnut Building)
891 Central (Sunset Woods Condos)
1695 Second Street
Additional destinations include:
Highland Park Senior Center
Highland Park Country Club
Highland Park Public Library
Highland Park Hospital
Highland Park Metra Train Station
Public Safety Building
Moraine Township Door-to-Door Paratransit Van
Funded by Moraine Township, the van travels to locations outside of Highland Park, within a 15-mile radius. Medical appointments have first priority; other destinations are based on availability. This service is for Moraine Township residents who are seniors (65 years plus), or eligible persons with disabilities.
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
$4.00 and up each way (lower fares for income qualified residents)
To schedule a ride, please call 847.432.3000