A wide array of programming for a membership that spans five decades is provided. Educational lectures, social events, luncheons, classes in a variety of areas of interest, a wide selection of exercise classes, trips and tours, and intergenerational programs are offered throughout the year. In addition, social services including information and referral, counseling, a medical equipment loan closet, and a telephone reassurance program are open to the entire community on a no-fee basis.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, the Senior Center is now offers a hybrid of both in-person and virtual programs. Please note that some programs may require advance registration. Please contact the Senior Center at 847.432.4110 for more information and to learn about registration.
Classes and Programs
- Information and Referral Services
- Short Term Individual Counseling
- Grief Group
- Transportation from various locations throughout town to key destinations on the Senior Connector
- Transportation, housing and caregiver referrals
- Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP): Provides assistance with Medicare Part D enrollment and re-enrollment; and assistance with organizing and completing health insurance forms and claims
- Medical equipment loan closet
- Volunteer Snow Shoveling and Grass Cutting Program for low income seniors and low income disabled residents.
- The Volunteer Snow Shoveling and Grass Cutting Program is designed to assist low income seniors and low income disabled residents.
- Income qualifications are:
- $33,562 for a one (1) person household or
- $44,533 for a two (2) person household.
Trips and Tours
- Bridge: classes and open play
- Canasta: classes and open play
- Mah-jongg: classes and open play
- Exercise classes including yoga, tai chi, better balance, sit & be fit, and Zumba Gold
- Special events
- Live Concerts
- Book Club Discussion Group
- Current Events Discussion Group
- Senior Center Speaker Series
- Barry Bradford Lectures
- Driver Safety and Rules of the Road
- Please see the Shorelines Newsletter for current listings
- The HP Connector
- Door-to-Door Medical Transport Van – Call Moraine Township at 847.432.3000
- PACE Handicapped Bus with door to door service – Call PACE at 312.917.4357