With the FAQ below, you'll find the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and the vaccination process. For more detailed information, visit cityhpil.com/covid-19.
Homebound vaccinations: Homebound seniors and individuals with disabilities or mobility issues may now call the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center to be added to the homebound vaccination list! To add yourself or a senior in your life to the list, contact the AllVax support center at 847.377.8130.
How do I register to get the vaccine at NorthShore?
- If you are a NorthShore University HealthSystem patient, you will be notified through NorthShore Connect when it is time for you to schedule an appointment. Follow these steps to make sure your account is set up to receive notifications.
- Right now, NorthShore is only scheduling vaccinations for its current patients. If you are not a NorthShore University HealthSystem patient, NorthShore is collecting contact information for those who would like to be vaccinated once the vaccination program expands. Click here to register to be notified by NorthShore when you can schedule an appointment.
- For help with NorthShore Connect: Call 847.425.3900.
- For help with the AllVax Portal: call LCHD at 847.377.8130. Call volume is very high. You can also view video tutorials that guide you through the registration process.
- Contact your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Free testing is available for everyone - even if you aren't experiencing symptoms - at IDPH testing facilities. Just visit dph.illinois.gov/testing to find an IDPH testing site.
Visit cityhpil.com/vaccine for more detailed FAQs and resources from IDPH and the CDC.
How can I avoid COVID-19 scams?
- Scammers might ask you to pay out of pocket for the vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccine is free.
- Scammers might ask for your personal or bank information. You do not need to provide your Social Security number, credit card number, or bank account number to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Contact tracers will never ask for this information.
- You might see ads to buy your own vaccine through social media, email or even by phone. Vaccines are only available through authorized distributors, such as the Lake County Health Department, pharmacies, hospitals, and medical providers.
Where can I find information about supporting Highland Park restaurants?
Thanks for supporting our local business community. Visit cityhpil.com/curbside to see curbside pickup and delivery options from Highland Park restaurants.