As you continue to enjoy holiday season events, keep the following tips in mind to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- The COVID-19 vaccines are by far the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus. All Americans age 5 and older are eligible for a free COVID-19 vaccine, and individuals age 16 and older are eligible for a free booster dose.
- If you are sick or experiencing any COVID- or flu-like symptoms you should not attend any gatherings, even if you are vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated people can gather with others who have been fully vaccinated without restrictions.
- The indoor mask mandate for public settings remains in effect throughout Illinois. If you are gathering with people outside your immediate circle or with people who are medically fragile, you should consider wearing a mask, even in a private setting.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you should consider not attending gatherings over the holidays. If you plan to do so, be sure to take a COVID test before the gathering, and wear a mask and social distance when possible.
- Fully vaccinated people can travel for the holidays. However, individuals who are not fully vaccinated should consider delaying travel until fully vaccinated. Learn more about safe travel recommendations.