|The HP 150 Committee selected the official commemorative logo (above) to brand all sesquicentennial events. The winning design by Alison Galston incorporates the official city seal.|
The City of Highland Park will celebrate its sesquicentennial (150th anniversary) in 2019 with highly visible special events, concerts, City tours and more. Plans are underway for a wide variety of festivities which will bring the community together to celebrate the community and its wonderful history. There are a number of ways to get involved with the celebration and make 2019 a year to remember; one way is to be a sponsor.
The Sesquicentennial provides a unique opportunity to reflect on the rich history of the City and bring the community together to move towards a future that celebrates our vibrant city and the people who continue to make it an outstanding place to live, work and play.
HP150 Calendar of Events
*Subject to change
|MLK Day of Service - launching 150 service projects campaign||January|
|Highland Park History Awards||March|
|Time Capsule - Opening Old Time Capsule||March 11|
|#HP150 Film Festival & Film Opportunities||March|
|"Map" of Highland Park||March|
|Focus on the Arts||April 9 - 12|
|Mexico's Day of the Child, el Dia del Niño||April 30|
|Bus Tours (Hollywood in HP, Historic Homes, Art in HP)||April, May, June|
|Lawn Signs for Historic Homes||August - October|
|Pieces of History Puzzle Signs - 150 signs for 150 years||June|
|Public Art Display (Painted Hearts on Display)||June - September|
|Bitter Jester Music Festival||June - July|
|Lakefront Boat Tours||Summer|
|Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks||July|
|Port Clinton Art Festival / Taste of Highland Park||August|
|Big Bash||August 23|
|Arts are Active/ Thriving in HP||October|
|Open House in Highland Park||September 28|
|Stupey Cabin Tours||September 14|
|Holiday Lighting||November 16|
|Time Capsule Dedication||December 19|
|Post- 2019 Display of Service Projects||2019-2020|
Become a Sponsor
Individuals, families, businesses, and organizations are encouraged to make a tax-deductible contribution to help fund the multitude of upcoming HP 150 events and programs including art projects, cultural opportunities, service projects, live entertainment, food, and fireworks. Sponsorships are accepted through January 1, 2019. Please find the sponsorship brochure and application here. Mail checks to:
City of Highland Park
cc: Hayley Garard
1707 St. Johns Ave.
Highland Park, IL 60035
Terms and Conditions
Brick Order Form
Children’s Bicentennial Generation - $50.00
- Contributors may attend Dessert with the Mayor at City Hall.
150 Club Member Donor - $150.00
- Personalized 4 x 8” brick to be installed at City Hall.
2019 Era Sponsor - $500.00
- All 150 Club Member Donor benefits, plus:
- Recognition in the City newsletter, the Highlander (mailed to all residents and business owners in Highland Park);
- Recognition on the City website (25,000+ views annually); and
- Recognition in the City’s eNews (6,000+ Subscribers).
1969 Centennial Sponsor - $1,000.00
- All 2019 Era Sponsor benefits, plus:
- Recognition on HP 150 event signage – name only (prominently displayed at HP 150 events throughout the year);
- Plaque at City Hall; and
- Two free Highland Park branded items.
1919 Centurion Sponsor - $2500.00
- All 1969 Centennial Sponsor benefits, plus:
- Recognition on HP 150 event signage with logo (prominently displayed at HP 150 events throughout the year);
- Recognition in social media postings (over 4,000+ active followers);
- Recognition in the HP 150 commemorative book; and
- Lunch with the Mayor and City Manager.
1869 Millennial Sponsor - $5,000.00
- All 1919 Centurion Sponsor benefits, plus:
- Top two sponsors’ logos will be added to all press material (press releases, invitations, etc.);
- Photo/ logo on rotating slides on front page of City website for 2019;
- Recognition at a City Hall Council Meeting (aired on Public Access Television);
- Recognition in all HP 150 Promotional Materials (flyers, signage, electronic boards, advertisements, etc.); and
- Public Access Television Interview (aired on Public Access Television throughout 2019 with a copy made for the sponsor).
HP 150 Committees
Mayor Nancy Rotering established an HP150 Steering Committee in January 2017 to plan and guide the celebrations of the City and its people. The Steering Committee consists of government officials, community leaders, residents and businesses owners. The City held a public “idea summits” on May 10 and 16, 2017, to encourage communitywide brainstorming. Nearly 200 ideas were generated from the summits.
Nine subcommittees consisting of Communications, Art, Architecture, Service, Commemorative Book, the Big Bash, History and Archives, Business and Fundraising prepared work plans and event calendars for 2018-2019 based on ideas generated at the idea summits and during their subcommittee meetings. From these submissions, a Master Work Plan was drafted by City staff, taking into consideration opportunities to combine efforts, avoid duplication of events and programs, cost considerations and event fatigue.
To Join a Committee Please Complete the Online Application
Sesquicentennial Planning Meeting Agenda - January 18, 2018
Sesquicentennial Planning Meeting Agenda - March 15, 2017
HP150 Master Work Plan
The HP150 Master Plan was presented at the April 23, 2018 Committee of the Whole Meeting and is available for review here.