A safe, reliable water supply is critical to the success of any economy. It creates jobs, attracts industry and investment, and provides for the health and welfare of citizens in ways ranging from disease prevention to fire suppression. We often take water supply for granted until it is threatened, either by drought, water main breaks, or some other event. For more than 30 years, the American Water Works Association and its members have celebrated Drinking Water Week – a unique opportunity for both water professionals and the communities they serve to join together to recognize the vital role water plays in our daily lives.
Please join the City of Highland Park in supporting Drinking Water Week by using water wisely at home through the following steps:
- Repair leaky faucets, indoors and out
- Fill your sink or basin when washing and rinsing dishes
- Only run the dishwasher and washing machine when they are full
- Take short showers instead of baths
- Turn off the water to brush teeth
- Use a broom to clean walkways, driveways, decks and porches rather than hosing off these areas
Find more useful tips and information on water conservation at www.cityhpil.com/conservewater.