caption freeform

Vacant House Check

Vacant Houses
The Highland Park Police Department maintains a database of vacant houses.  The information is utlized by both Police and Fire Departments to assist in contacting owners and/or caretakers in the event of an emergency.

If your house will be vacant due to a vacation, extended illness, family death, etc. you are encouraged to fill out the online from.

What information do I need?
  • Address of the vacant premise
  • Date and time you are leaving
  • Date and time you are returning
  • Are lights on timers?
  • Are cars being left in the driveway?
  • Alarm company information if you have a system

Register Online
Register your vacant house by using the Police Department's online form

Register by Phone
If you are not able to utilize the online tool, please call the Police Department's non-emergency phone number 847.432.7730 and they will assist you.