INVITATION FOR BIDS
Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.questcdn.com. Digital plan documents may be downloaded for a non-refundable fee of $65 by inputting Quest project # 8476975 on the QuestCDN.com Project Search page. Please contact QuestCDN at 952-233-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information. NO paper copies will be provided by the owner.
The work consists of The work consists of milling and resurfacing various streets within the City of Highland Park, IL. Also included in this contract is combination curb and gutter installation, and concrete sidewalk repairs at various locations within the City. Major pay items and associated quantities include:
- 4,648 Tons of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE COURSE, IL-9.5, MIX "D", N50
- 495 Tons of POLYMERIZED HOT-MIX ASPHALT BINDER COURSE, IL-4.75, N50,
- 24,767 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 1½ "
- 21,685 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 ¼”
- 4,555 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2"
- 874 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 ½"
- 1,674 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL - BUTT JOINT
- 1,608 SQ YDS of DRIVEWAY PAVEMENT REMOVAL
- 7,227 feet of COMBINATION CURB AND GUTTER, TYPE M-4.12 (MODIFIED)
- 4,819 feet of COMBINATION CONCRETE CURB AND GUTTER REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT
- 651 SQ YDS of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE DRIVEWAY PAVEMENT, 6 INCH
- 6,965 SQ FT of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE SIDEWALK 5 INCH
- 24 EACH – INLETS TO BE ADJUSTED
Bids will ONLY be received and accepted via the online electronic bid service through QuestCDN.com. Bidders must be on the plan holders list through QuestCDN for bids to be accepted. To access the electronic bid form, download the project documents and click the online bidding button. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. NO paper bids will be accepted.
Bid security is required as stated in the “Bid Security” section found on page 2 in the Instructions portion of the Bid Package. Each prospective Bidder shall furnish a copy of a Certificate of Eligibility as issued by the Illinois Department of Transportation. (See State of Illinois Website: http://www.idot.illinois.gov/)
The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish certificates and policies of insurance as required by the Contract. All Contracts for the Construction of Public Works are subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12). Contractors must provide Certified Monthly Payroll Reports.
It is the responsibility of the bidder to inspect the entire bid package and seek clarification of any item which may not be clear to them. For questions, contact Emmanuel Gomez, City Engineer at 847.926.1145 or Bianca Ramirez, Contract Specialist at 847.926.1189.