Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.questcdn.com. Digital plan documents may be downloaded for a non-refundable fee of $60 by inputting Quest project # 8142464 on the QuestCDN.com Project Search page. Please contact QuestCDN at 952-233-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information. NO paper copies will be provided by the owner.
The work consists of milling and resurfacing various streets within the City of Highland Park, IL. Also included in this contract is Concrete Patching (Class B Patches) as well as Concrete Sidewalk Repairs at various locations within the City. Major pay items and associated quantities include:
- 5538 Tons of WARM-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE COURSE “D” N50 (MODIFIED)
- 850 Tons of POLYMERIZED HOT-MIX ASPHALT BINDER COURSE, IL-4.75, N50,
- 51,459 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 1 ½"
- 17,056 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 ¼”
- 327 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 ½"
- 1,252 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL - BUTT JOINT
- 1,045 SQ YDS of DRIVEWAY PAVEMENT REMOVAL
- 4,329 feet of COMBINATION CURB AND GUTTER, TYPE M-4.12 (MODIFIED)
- 1,918 feet of COMBINATION CONCRETE CURB AND GUTTER REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT
- 472 SQ YDS of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE DRIVEWAY PAVEMENT, 6 INCH
- 58 SQ YDS of CLASS C PATCHES, TYPE II, 8 INCH (SPECIAL)
- 86 SQ YDS of CLASS C PATCHES, TYPE III, 8 INCH (SPECIAL)
- 362 SQ YDS of CLASS D PATCHES, TYPE II, 4 INCH
- 312 SQ YDS of CLASS D PATCHES, TYPE III, 4 INCH
- 1,356 SQ YDS of CLASS D PATCHES, TYPE IV, 4 INCH
- 58 SQ YDS of CLASS D PATCHES, TYPE II, 7 INCH
- 240 SQ YDS of CLASS D PATCHES, TYPE III, 7 INCH
- 86 SQ YDS of CLASS D PATCHES, TYPE IV, 7 INCH
- 9,232 SQ FT of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE SIDEWALK 5 INCH
- 1,100 SQ FT of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE SIDEWALK 6 INCH
- 23 EACH – INLETS TO BE ADJUSTED
- 16 EACH - INLETS TO BE ADJUSTED WITH NEW FRAME AND GRATE
Pavement markings will be restored with Thermoplastic on asphalt. Disturbed landscaped areas will be restored with topsoil and sodding.
Bids will ONLY be received and accepted via the online electronic bid service through QuestCDN.com.
Please take note of the following changes to instructions provided in BLR 12200:
(1) page 2 of 6 states, “Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received at the office of Highland Park via QuestCDN.” Hard copies shall not be provided or delivered to the City. Please upload proposals online via QuestCDN;
(2) all of Section 1 on page 3 of 11; and
(3) Item 8 on page 2 of 8 states, “If a special envelope is supplied by the Awarding Authority, each proposal should be submitted in that envelope furnished by the Awarding Agency and the blank spaces on the envelope shall be filled in correctly to clearly indicate its contents. When an envelope other than the special one furnished by the Awarding Authority is used, it shall be marked to clearly indicate its contents. When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office the bids are to be received.”. Disregard this entire item. All submittals shall be done online via QuestCDN.
Plans and proposal forms are only available on QuestCDN and will not be provided at the City of Highland Park. Bids must be submitted through QuestCDN ONLY. Paper bids will not be accepted.
Bidders must be on the plan holders list through QuestCDN for bids to be accepted. To access the electronic bid form, download the project documents and click the online bidding button. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. NO paper bids will be accepted.
Each prospective Bidder shall furnish a copy of a Certificate of Eligibility as issued by the Illinois Department of Transportation. (See State of Illinois Website: http://www.idot.illinois.gov/)
The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish certificates and policies of insurance as required by the Contract. All Contracts for the Construction of Public Works are subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12). Contractors must provide Certified Monthly Payroll Reports.
It is the responsibility of the bidder to inspect the entire bid package and seek clarification of any item which may not be clear to them. For questions, contact Emmanuel Gomez, City Engineer at 847.926.1145 or Bianca Ramirez, Contract Specialist at 847.926.1189.