Ravinia Festival Community Relations
To sign up for automatic notifications on upcoming meetings and materials for Ravinia Festival Community Relations click here.
- Robert Smith, Chair - Term expires 2018
- Barbara Borden, Vice-Chair - Term expires 2017
- Ramona Choos - Term expires 2019
- David Newman - Term expires 2019
- Katherine Grinell and Daniel Ross, Student Representatives through 6/2017
- Joseph Goldstein, Student Representative through 6/2018
- Lucy Minor, Ravinia Board of Trustees -Indefinite term
- Russell Jenkins, Senior Associate Director of Advertising and Creative - Ravinia Festival - Indefinite Term
- Jim Schmitz, Facilities Director, Ravinia Festival Association - Indefinite term
- Daniel A. Kaufman, City Council Liaison
- Andy Cross, Staff Liaison - 847.926.1856
- Police Department Representative
The Ravinia Festival Community Relations Commission consists of seven voting members (four members at large, three members recommended by the Ravinia Festival Association and appointed by the mayor serving with indefinite terms and one non-voting ex officio member from the City Council. The terms last for a period of four years each. No commission member may serve for more than two full consecutive terms.
The Ravinia Festival Community Relations Commission regularly reviews and advises the City Council and the Ravinia Festival Association on neighborhood concerns. The commission was created in 1985 by the City and Ravinia Festival Association to seek citizen comment and to monitor the impact of the festival's activities on the community.
The commission reviews proposals and advises the Ravinia Festival Association on planned capital improvements, as those improvements impact the City's Comprehensive Master Plan and the Ravinia neighborhood. Where those improvements may involve amendments to Ravinia Festival's Special Use Permit, the commission reviews the proposed amendments and provides comments to the Plan & Design Commission
and City Council
For more information, please contact Andy Cross, at 847.926.1856 or by email